Clear all

Replaying large recorded files

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@chriscommlimited)
Topic starter  

Hi All,
I have recorded a frequency with a 20MHz bandwidth for a period of about 24 hours. RBW was 30KHz. When the file is replayed, I find that it takes a long time to replay even though the delay is set to 0 ms. I notice that the buffer parameter in the status bar below quickly goes to 20/20. Is there a way to increase the speed of replaying?

Thanks in advance.
chriscommlimited

(@mm_dev)
Reputable Member Admin

The 20/20 in the status bar is only for the Average trace, not the general SweepBuffer. To improve replay speed you can try the following:
- Disable Average trace, or reduce the number of sweeps used for it in the Spectrum control, computing this can require a lot of processing power
- If enabled, disable all options in the "Control" section in the Spectrum control to reduce graphics load
- Enable "Hardware Rendering" in the Application settings if you have a discrete graphics card (this may cause problems though if drivers are buggy)
- Disable any markers or triggers in the Spectrum control
- If you have a lot of available memory, increase the SweepBuffer size in the Application settings
- Reduce the size of the MCS window

Without knowing your system specs and what you consider "a long time" the speed could very well be normal already though.

ReplyQuote
Share: