Clear all

Programme for calculation of sampletime

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@grseidel)
Topic starter  

Hi,

when I configure my NF3020 I generally follow the recommendation in the manual, section 8.4. But rather than manually looking these up, I found it more convenient to have it calculated based on RBW. So I wrote a little programme on 106 / key 6:

LDSHCO C8h
 LOADSET RESBANDW
 ADD
 CHAIN
 STOP

The setting of the sampletime is done by a number of small programmes starting from 203 (example with 3ms for the 300kHz filter):

LDCONST 3
 STORESET SWEEPTIME
 PRINTSTR 03h, "3ms"
 STOP

This works rather fine, except for setting large values e.g. a sampletime of 70s as recommended for 10Hz. Here a different value is set than the 70.000ms I add as constant (in my case 4464). Why is this the case?

Rgds.
GS

(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

All DFT sweeps are limited to 3s sampletime so if you want to use a higher sample time you need to use a non DFT mode (see manual for setups).

Snip

ReplyQuote
(@grseidel)
Topic starter  

Thanks, but that didn't do the trick. I setup 0-2kHz sweep with 10Hz RBW (should be non DFT according to manuals). Allows to set to 70s, which can be verified on the gadget (as 0000070). But when saving it as a programme the following is the result.

SETUP
    STARTFREQ:0 STOPFREQ:2
    RESBANDW:12 VIDBANDW:12
    SWEEPTIME:-28914 ATTENFAC:-10
    REFLEVEL:-1 DISPRANGE:1
    DISPUNIT:0 PULSEMODE:6
    13:0 14:0
    15:-1
 STOP

Loading the programme again does not set the the sample time to 70s again (but to 10ms)! It's not really crucial to me through...

Rgds.
GS

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

You can set a maximum of 32767ms over the sweeptime variable.
In the unit itself you can set up to 240s.
To add such high sweeptimes we would need to add a second variable for full seconds instead of ms. This is noted for future versions :!:

Snip

ReplyQuote
Share: