Pre-Compliance Test

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
14.1 K Views
(@laddie)
Topic starter  

Hello
I would like to do some pre compliance test EN55011. I have a Spectran HF-60105 V4 X with a internal preamplifier and the BicoLog 30100EX Antenna.
I use the given profil EN55011 to measure the noise level.

The highest level is without internal and external amplifier and the lowest level is with internal and external amplifier. I saw in the forum some picture of the noise floor and it looks similar. So I think this is ok.

I have a device, which failed in the EN55011 complaince test. So I want to measure this device and want to compare the measurement from the lab with the Aaronia tools. I do not expect a precise measurement, because I do not have a shielded room.
So I measure first the environment and than I switch on my bad device and measure. Unfortunately I measure more or less the same. (Internal and external amplifier is active)

The lab measured this:

If I disable the internal amplifier and than I see some small differences, but not what I expact.

How do I have to configure the Spectran in the MCS software, that I can measure my dirty spectrum.

(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

Try a much higher sample time.
If this does not help your internal amplifier might be blown which would explain why you see more if you turn the internal amp off.
I also see that you calibration is not valid any more.

Snip

ReplyQuote
(@laddie)
Topic starter  

I think the internal amplifier is broken, because the spectrum is always very clean and I don't see the expected frequencies.
Is it possible to repair the amplifier? Can I send the spectran back?

What does it mean, that the device calibration is outdated?

I tried to increase the sample time to 10s. Now I see a bit more of my bad spectrum, but still very close to the noise floor. The antenna is already very close to the device. Distance between antenna and DUT is 10cm. Are there other paramters to change, that I see my bad spectrum better? (RBW, VBW, detector, attenuator...?)

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

Please send us an Email and you get a RMA to send the unit back.
If the calibration is outdated you need to recalibrate the unit in our lab. You should do this every 2 years. You should combine this with the repair so save cost.

Snip

ReplyQuote
(@laddie)
Topic starter  

Is there a configuration, that I see my bad spectrum better? (RBW, VBW, detector, attenuator...?)
My bad spectrum is still very low and close to the noise floor. I expected much higher levels of the spectrum. I don't reach the EN55011 limits with my measurements, but in the lab this device was 5 to 15 dB over the limit.

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

No the setup is fine.
But as noted before with a blown input i would give nothing at the readings you get.

Snip

ReplyQuote
(@laddie)
Topic starter  

I sent the spectran back to repair but your technician said that the input is ok.
But something is still going wrong. Do you have any ideas?

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

In that case you must have an error in your setup (cable, connectors, etxernal amplifier etc.) or the signals cant be detected by the HF-60100 (to short pulse rates).

Snip

ReplyQuote
Share: