Notifications
Clear all

Spectran 4040 and WIFI 2.4 GHz ans USA based Cell Signals

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@bill-bathgatedefiltersllc-com)
Topic starter  

I am struggling with understanding how to measure 2.4 GHz Wi--Fi and USA based Cell tower signals of 700 to 850 MHz. I have tried to the present buttons, and tried to set up custom frequencies but I cannot get a signal result. I am sitting right next to the wifi router and when I use the preset wifi button I get nothing. 

I have read the instructions well and have a Signlent 3032X spectrum analyzer and I can get everything I need with that  unit and an AAronia 4040 antenna on a tripod. So I am not new to Spectrum Analyzers. 

What am I doing wrong? 

(@bill-bathgatedefiltersllc-com)
Topic starter  

OK, I went into the setup of the meter to see what I might have to change and while the manual for the device discusses some changes needed to accommodate the specific antenna and cable parameters, there were not actually in the Setup parameters but separate menu items. So the manuals kind of misdirects you. Once I figured this out, I was able to select the antenna cable and HL 4040 antenna selection then I was able to get the proper information from the unit. 

I did upgrade the microcode also. I wish there was an updated manual based on the microcode changes, that may have helped. 

This unit is now recording OK now.  

ReplyQuote
Share: