Notifications
Clear all

Spectran HF-4060 shows no signal and -120dBm (-100dBm)

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@christian86)
Topic starter  

Hi board members,

using my new HF-4060 I've encountered a problem: At some frequencies, it occasionally happens, that a signal strength value of -120 dBm (no radiation is measured at all) is indicated. The strange thing is that it often happens on frequency ranges such as the range around 900 MHz also at places even though there is very high mobile reception. Also, when I use the preset for the 1800 MHz (mobile telephony), the Spectran does usually not indicate any signal. However, when I use 1800 MHz as the center frequency with a Span of 200 MHz around, it usually finds the mobile signal.
Can anyone tell me, what may cause these inconsistencies? Do I use the device in a wrong way or is there something particular to do in order to avoid those strange results?

I'd be very happy for any help!

Kind regards,

Christian

(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

The Rev3 units show no noise floor. Instead -120dBm (without any noise floor graphics view) will show up if no signal is detected (see manual), that's normal on Rev3 units since the best possible sensitivity is -90dBm.
If you want to see a real noise floor, like on pro units, you have to use our new V4 units instead.
NEW: On the latest firmware this display is updated to -100dBm instead of -120dBm, which is more logical.

Snip

ReplyQuote
Share: