CALERR - what does it mean?

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
12.1 K Views
(@vortec5700)
Topic starter  

Hi,

I have Spectran HF-60105, it is new and was calibrated few months ago (I have calibration certificate).
Usually I'm using it connected to computer with LCS software, 60100 antenna and standard 1m cable.

When I connected it as usual to the computer today after few cycles it stopped sweeping. I pressed CLR button and graph was cleared, but it won't sweep.
Then I turned it off and disconnected from power supply and computer. When turned on got:
CALERR

Turned off again, and turned on. Again it stopped sweep after few cycles (this time not connected to computer).
Then I turned off again, connected to a computer and turned on. Again saw the same message, after some time it started sweeping without any action from my side.

Important to say that I didn't change any settings, didn't upgrade software or firmware.

What does it mean?

Thanks.

(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

This will show up if the LO (local oscillator) refuses to power up within some fixed limits. Usually it is caused by unit overheating or if the PCB or LO is damaged.

Snip

ReplyQuote
(@vortec5700)
Topic starter  

It was cold start of the unit, it operated maximum 3 minutes in ambient temperature of 17 Celsius degrees. I store Specran device in dry and cool place in the original briefcase.
I set sweep is always in limit of 780~9400MHZ. I didn't face such issues when running it for 24 hours and more.

Any ideas why it is happens and how to avoid it?

Also, after long operation antenna connector from unit side significantly heats up. Is it normal?

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

Yes the heating up is normal and nothing to worry about.
If the CALERR message should show up more often you have to send the unit back to us for service.

Snip

ReplyQuote
(@kopisti)

Hello,

My Spectran HF-60105 also shows CALERR after a few minutes connection with PC Software.
HyperLog 60100 antenne was connected during setup.

Is there any way to clear this error?
If not, can I send it back for a free service (warranty)?

Thank you.

ReplyQuote
(@moderator)
Noble Member Admin

"Calerr" is a hardware failure so please contact us for service or repair.

Snip

ReplyQuote
Share: